Physical Education and Sports Premium Funding
Physical Education and Sports Premium funding is a government funded initiative that aims to improve the quality of teaching and learning of Physical Education in Primary schools. This additional funding is allocated to schools based on the amount of children that are on roll from Year 1 to Year 6.
How much funding is available?
Over the course of the academic year 2016-2017, Sea Mills will receive £8, 845. This money will be purely spent on improving provision of PE and sport throughout the school.
At Sea Mills were aim to use this money in order to broaden children’s experiences of physical education, allow children to have the opportunities to be committed to a range of after-school sports clubs and inspire children to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
How will we spend the Sports Premium Funding?
At Sea Mills, we will focus on:
- Providing more opportunities for competitive games within school.
- Improve involvement in external competitive tournaments.
- Provide teachers with mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Increase the number of year 6’s leaving as competent swimmers.
- Improve equipment for non-traditional and outdoor adventure activities.
How will we measure the impact?
Throughout the year we will monitor lessons through children’s progress, lesson observations and pupil/teacher questionnaire.