The Governing Body has responsibility for the effective management of the school. Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities.
What we do…
- The Governing Body work as a team, and in co-operation with the staff, ensure a safe and happy learning environment where children can prosper.
- Monitor the strategic thinking of where the school is going and how we get there.
- Ensure the day to day running of the school and Children’s Centre is managed by the Headteacher
- Working with the Headteacher and senior staff, Governors are responsible for strategically setting and delivering the school’s aims and policies. This includes:
- Improving standards of teaching and learning.
- Implementation of statutory legislation.
- Setting and monitoring the school’s budget.
- Staff appointments and interviews.
- Safeguarding and equal opportunities.
- The School Development Plan (SDP).
- Risk assessments and general care of the school’s estate.
Who are we?
Chair of Governors: Jenny Winfield
Vice Chair of Governors: Lee O’Hara
For more information about each Governor’s business, pecuniary and governance roles in other schools, please follow the link below.
The Governing Body has registered its interests and attendance
When do we meet?
The full Governing Body meets six times each school year to approve policies, receive reports from each Committee, review the progress of the school and, when required, make decisions on its future direction.
In addition Governors attend one of the specialist committees where the groundwork, research and discussion on key issues occurs.
The Governing Body has registered its interests, which includes relevant business interests and relationships between Governors and members of school staff.