When do we meet?
The full Governing Body meets six times each school year to approve policies, receive reports from each Committee, review the progress of the school and, when required, make decisions on its future direction.
In addition Governors attend one of the specialist committees where the groundwork, research and discussion on key issues occurs.
The Governing Body has registered its interests, which includes relevant business interests and relationships between Governors and members of school staff.
Download: Instrument of Government – 06 Jan 2015
The Governing Body has responsibility for the effective management of the school. Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities.
What we do…
- The Governing Body work as a team, and in co-operation with the staff, ensure a safe and happy learning environment where children can prosper.
- Monitor the strategic thinking of where the school is going and how we get there.
- Ensure the day to day running of the school and Children’s Centre is managed by the Headteacher
- Working with the Headteacher and senior staff, Governors are responsible for strategically setting and delivering the school’s aims and policies. This includes:
- Improving standards of teaching and learning.
- Implementation of statutory legislation.
- Setting and monitoring the school’s budget.
- Staff appointments and interviews.
- Safeguarding and equal opportunities.
- The School Development Plan (SDP).
- Risk assessments and general care of the school’s estate.
The Governing Body has registered its interests and attendance
For more information about each Governor’s business, pecuniary and governance roles in other schools, please follow the link below.
Code of Conduct
WHO ARE WE?
Chair of Governors: Jenny Winfield (acting)
Vice Chair of Governors: Needs to be agreed/elected
Clerk: Jayne Roberts
Child Protection, Children in Care & Young Carers: Jenny Winfield
Health, Safety / Premises: Teresa Lloyd
Performance Review of Headteacher: Jenny Winfield and Kate Howard
Special Educational Needs & Inclusion: Teresa Lloyd
Curriculum – Authors: Teresa Lloyd
Curriculum – Humanities Michael Powell
Curriculum – Mathematitians: Claire Galea
Curriculum – Scientists: Michelle Taylor
Curriculum – Athletes: John Vasey
Curriculum – Artists: Kate Howard
Data: Michelle Taylor
Governor of play (Opal) – John Vasey
Early Years/Foundation Stage (EYFS): Jenny Winfield
Safeguarding/Online Safety: Jenny Winfield
Finance: Chair of resources
Governing Body Development Plan Lead: Kate Howard
GDS, Governor Induction & Training: Chair of Governors
Pupil Premium: Teresa Lloyd
Well-being: Emma Stafford
GDPR: Michael Powell
Health and Safety: Teresa Lloyd
Standards Chair: Jon Vasey
Special Educational Needs & Inclusion: Jon Vasey
GOVERNING BODY COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
John Vasey (Chair)
Associate Members & Attendees
Kate Howard (Chair)
Associate Members & Attendees
Date of first appointment
Jennifer Winfield – 19/12/2016
Louise Burgess – 06/01/2015
Carol Jones – 29/03/2017
Graham Clark – 06/12/2017
Claire Chennell – 06/12/2017
Michael Powell – 31/01/2018
Emma Stafford – 03/09/2018
Teresa Lloyd – 06/01/2015
John Vasey – 27/03/2019
Jayne Roberts – 13/05/2019