Two Year Old Places
We are now be offering a limited number of paid places for our Two Year Old Nursery room. You can choose a mixture of mornings and afternoons but there must be a minimum of 3 sessions per week. The charge is £5.60 per hour. Please see Stuart Huggett in the Two Year Old Nursery if you are interested or wish to reserve a place for when your child turns two.
Dates for the Diary
Some 2-year-olds in England can get free early education and childcare.
You must be getting one of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- tax credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Welcome to the start of term 2, we are looking forward to seeing the children grow further in confidence and develop new skills in their learning.
We are also really pleased to say that Kat has recently been on an experimental cookery course and has brought back an array of ideas that will support the children to explore food and cooking in a relaxed and fun environment where they can enjoy the process of exploring food and it is not about the final outcome! We are in need of parent/helper volunteers to support staff with short cooking sessions in our lovely kitchen room, please speak to a member of Tulip room if you are able to help.
11th December is the this year’s EYFS nativity at St Edith’s church, we are mindful that for lots of the children this can be too long to expect them to have to sit so we are going to take part in one song. However, for this to happen we rely heavily on parent/carer helpers, if you are able to come along and support the children this year please let a member of the Tulip team know!
We would like to thank parents/carers for all your support whilst we are making adjustments to times such as hand overs.
Please see a member of the team if you are having trouble accessing your child’s learning journal, we really value your input and would love to see more of what your child is doing at home with you and their family/friends.
The adults in our room are:
Michelle Frankcom – Room Leader
Katherine Silverthorne – Early years practitioner
Abi Griffiths- Lack – Early years practitioner