As we are now a Shakespeare Hub School, we will be celebrating the work of the bard in our English Week between 16th and 20th March. For more information see www.shakespeareweek.org.uk.
In Reception and Key Stage 1 children will be enjoying activities and storytelling inspired by ‘A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream’ with it’s themes of magic, potions and fairy kings and queens. In Key Stage 2 the children will be focusing on ‘Macbeth’ with it’s themes of witches, betrayal and dreams. The stories will be explored in an age-appropriate way using children’s texts, drama, animations and artwork.
The week will also include:
- A launch assembly with a visit from the bard himself!
- A Children’s Book Sale (both new and second hand) on Wednesday 18th March after school
- Mystery readers
- A Shakespeare Portrait competition
- A screening of ‘Gnomeo & Juliet’!
- A challenge to learn a short Shakespeare excerpt by heart
- Daily ‘Drop Everything and Read’
As well as this, we invite you to come along and join your child in a Shakespeare Family Activity. This will take place at 2:30 on Friday 20th March in class. It should be a lovely way to finish and celebrate all the Shakespeare-related learning that has gone on over the week.