Black lives matter everyday
We want to spend everyday educating ourselves and our children about equality. To end racism we must work together as a community. We need to talk to our children and educate them as respectful citizens of the world.
As a school family we are all one, we all belong, we are all equal and we are all important.
Please find below some links that you can use at home to help you talk to your children about these important issues.
Watch the story Mixed by Arree Chung. (click the link below)
Think about these questions as you watch it and talk to your grown up about them at the end.
- What is the main problem in the story?
- How is the problem solved?
- What do the people of the town learn at the end?
There are many lovely books to help us talk about Black Lives Matter and to inspire and empower all our children.
Resources to support learning and discussion at home
- Teaching-race -How to talk to your children
- Same Difference Story aimed at EYFS and KS1
- I like myself Online story aimed at KS1 and Year 3 and 4
- Black Lives Matter – Something happened in our town Video aimed at Years 5 and 6